Monday, November 14, 2005

Why do I study Buddhism (1)

I have intended to have my own website (or stg like that) a long time ago. But I have no time and I don't know how to do it. But last month, my close friend let me read his blog which is the website (or stg) that is easy to write our own idea. SO it's a good chance to create one for myself.
The next thing is to think of the 'theme' of my blog....And I think my blog should be stg about BUddhism and meditation which are my interests at the moment. The particular field will be about Buddhism applied with other fields esp Public Management and Economics which are my educational background. Most people around me always say that it's useless to study Buddhism, but what I might do is to apply the new knowledge with the old one. It would be useful (I guess!!!).
I have been interested in Buddhism since I was young. I don't know why...What I remember is my dad taught me to meditate. My mom told me to chant. But I rarely meditated when I was young cos I was so lazy and I had many things to do (as we always say). Anyway, the turning point is when I studied Buddhist Economics at Thammasart University with Pro.Dr.Apichai Panthasen who has tried to applied Buddhist ideas with Economics field. For me, the good thing was I got a chance to read 'Buddha Dhamma' written By Ven.Payutto. This book introduces me a lot of Buddhist ideas.....

No comments: