Friday, November 16, 2007

My happy hour


This day I am quite busy (actually I am always busy from a lot of things). The silly thing is the time I promiss someone to do somethinng is the time (I THINK) that I am free enough. But things always change, including my schedule. I have a lot of unexpected work coming around. Consequently i can't manage to finish any work on time.
Anyway it's not what i want to complain today. Life is always like this. And I get used to this kind of life already. So - No worries. I am just tired sometime. That's all.
My schedule in this time is I do the Buddhist translation at the lunch time and do my reading (both English grammar and thesis) at night. I just started the translation work yesterday. It's the meditation book and Dhamma teachings written by the meditation master (Ajahn Narongsak Natneum). The translating version will be given to foreigners who come to ask for his advices.
I have found that it's quite hard to translate this kind of book as it's from the talk. The speaking language is much different from writting language. (I just understand 'Loung Nong' more when I have to do this). I have to understand what he said first and then adjust it. I can't translate it literally as no one will understand that. Overall i spent an hour to translate 2 pages.
However, the feeling of doing this work is quite different from other time and other work (that I get bored and tired). I observed that I had been happy all the time I did it. The happiness had continued until the evening. And everytime I think about this work and what I gonna do next, I am still very happy. The happiness is always at heart. My sister calls it "Piti' or the joy at heart.
What I intend to say is happiness from doing something good is more pleasant, last longer and more heart-fulfilled than the worldly happiness. I already forget how did I feel when I passed the test, when I get the scholarship or when someone said that I am pretty (it happens sometime! :P). But the happiness from giving, helping, meditating can be realized and felt everytime I think of it.
This time i am waiting for my lunch hour as it's my happy time to do the translating work and enjoy my happiness from giving Dhamma knowledge. I realize that happiness is very impermanent, but enjoying it sometime is not too bad as we still have to live a busy lay's life like this.
Hope you are happy both from Dhamma and worldly things.
Best wishes

No comments: